Preparing for a Virtual Appointment
Consults are very informal and conversational – no need to be nervous!
We recommend that all adults who are in the home attend; kids can attend at your discretion (depending on their age/ability to focus, and interest level.)
We are meeting to assess your pet situation, not your home – please keep things “as is” (we won’t judge.
What happens during a consultation?
We will first review and discuss the history and details of your situation. We will likely have more questions for you, and may want a “virtual tour” of your home.
We’ll spend a significant portion of our time together going over specific recommendations. We’ll conclude our time together by making sure you have an understanding of your plan and answering any questions you have.
The nuts and bolts
We recommend a video consultation, and can meet via Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts. (Dilara can also meet via Facetime.) Let us know if you prefer an audio-only call.
Territory is very important to cats! If you can meet on a device (tablet/phone) that allows you to walk around your home, this is helpful. If a live-time video “tour” isn’t possible, you can email video of relevant areas – we suggest a “guided video tour” of the home and your cats’ daily routine, where you point out areas such as litter boxes, food bowls, water bowls, scratching posts/trees/resting areas, and so on.
Tips, technical problems, and backup options:
- If your wifi signal is spotty, consider back-up (ex: Hotspot through your phone carrier)
- Ensure all devices are fully charged
- We can switch to alternate accounts to avoid rescheduling (ex: Skype, Hangouts, etc.)
- If we lose our connection, we will call or email you right away
Before the Consult
- We ask that you send any requested supplemental material, such as photos, maps, video footage, and veterinary records at least 48 hours ahead to avoid cancellation
- Prepare a list of questions, concerns, or anything else you wish to address.
- Choose a quiet room with good lighting and strong internet connection
- Prepare your pet’s favorite yummy food treats and toys
- Be prepared to take notes!